Company News >
Company Announcements >
VSP Vision Celebrates Kristi Cappelletti Matthews' Recognition in N2Growth's Top CHRO Award
RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. – VSP Vision™ is proud to announce that its Chief Human Resources Officer, Kristi Cappelletti-Matthews, has been honored in N2Growth's esteemed 2023 LEADERS40: Top CHRO List. This accolade celebrates the most influential and innovative HR leaders from around the world, with Kristi standing tall among peers from renowned organizations.
“For the third year in a row, we’re thrilled to congratulate Kristi on achieving this incredible recognition,” said VSP Vision President and CEO Michael Guyette. “Kristi’s focus on employee well-being has helped ensure our unique culture remains at the heart of everything we do, especially as we continue to experience purposeful growth. VSP’s talented workforce is our strength, and under Kristi’s leadership, we will continue to foster a dynamic, inclusive and forward-thinking environment to serve our stakeholders.”
The role of the CHRO has seen a seismic shift in recent years, with leaders like Cappelletti-Matthews navigating challenges ranging from economic uncertainties and political shifts to the integration of AI in the workplace. The 2023 LEADERS40: Top CHRO Award, curated by N2Growth, is a testament to the evolving role of HR leaders in today's dynamic business landscape. The recognition of Cappelletti-Matthews in this prestigious list reflects her unwavering dedication, innovative strategies, and the tangible impact she has made at VSP Vision.
About the 2023 LEADERS40 Top CHRO Award
The 2023 List of Top CHROs is curated by a panel of N2Growth team members and other outside advisory members who evaluate the recipients based on the following criteria:
• Impact, growth, and performance of the organizations they lead.
• Impact on their industry and in the broader communities they serve.
• Engaged, transparent, and accountable – they must care. They are passionate about their people and their well-being.
• An examination of the talent they’ve helped to attract and retain.
• General and specific observations of the culture they’ve had a hand in shaping.
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Environmental, Social & Governance initiatives are a cornerstone of their work, not an afterthought.
• Emphasis on how companies support leaders with disabilities
• Take stock of the progressive development plans and programs they’ve made available to the workforce.
• Evaluate the creativity, reasonability, and effectiveness of the compensation programs.
• Look for (and find) excellent workforce dynamics, engagement, and satisfaction.
• Establish a well-positioned and robust employer brand.
• Find HR’s hand in everything as an enabler and contributor to operations flowing through to customer/client satisfaction.
• Sophisticated development of leaders and succession plans, using data and engaging high potential
(hi-po) talent in new and different ways.
For more details on Cappelletti-Matthews’ recognition and the complete 2023 LEADERS40: Top CHRO Award list, visit N2Growth.com.
About VSP Vision
At VSP Vision™, our purpose is to empower human potential through sight. As the first national not-for-profit vision benefits company, this is what drives everything we do. For nearly 70 years, VSP has been the leader in health-focused vision care. Every day, the people that power our complementary businesses—VSP® Vision Care, Marchon Eyewear, Inc., Visionworks®, Eyefinity®, Eyeconic, VSP® Optics, and VSP® Ventures—work together to create a world where everyone can bring their best vision to life. That means providing affordable access to eye care and eyewear for more than 85 million members through a network of more than 41,000 doctors. It also means expanding access to vision care to those disadvantaged by income, distance, or disaster through VSP Vision™ Eyes of Hope®. To date, more than 3.8 million people in need have received access to no-cost eye care and eyewear through one of our Eyes of Hope programs.
Learn more about how we’re reinvesting in greater vision, health, and opportunities for all at vspvision.com.
N2Growth isa global leadership consulting and executive search firm, consistently ranked at the top of America's Executive Search Firms list by Forbes, #9 in 2023. N2Growth serves more than 50 markets across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. Since our inaugural list in 2015, we’ve continued to expand and refine it by looking for CHROs who innovate and outperform their peers regardless of current market dynamics. These Human Resources leaders represent the top 40 HR leaders shaping careers, culture, and talent at the world’s most innovative, people-driven companies. You can find more information about N2Growth by visiting www.N2Growth.com.